Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

Since we were due for an updated family picture (Aubrey joined the Peacock family in June), we decided that Thanksgiving would double as a mini photo shoot.  It worked out pretty great since we had family in town to take the pictures.   
I am pretty happy with how they turned out.  It was a gorgeous day outside, with perfect fall leaves on the trees. Thanksgiving guests included: Roy, Celine, Evan, and Cameron Meador, and Jill, Ryan, and Oliver Kimball.  A family from Jerry and Bev's ward also attended, for a grand total of 22.
Look at this spread!  It was as delicious and amazing as it looks :)  My contribution was the bacon-wrapped green beans and assortment of cookies (not pictured). Bev and Celine did the majority of the cooking and baking.  I am pretty sure they made 4 dozen rolls, and 9 pies.
The girls were both pretty interested in pulling the wagon, but once I put Brooke inside the wagon, the struggle was over, haha.  Kinley pulled Brooke around the house for a solid 20 minutes. Jill decided to get Oliver in on the action, but as soon as she moved her hand he about fell on his face!  Good thing Jill was quick and caught him :)  Later, Kinley wanted Brooke to pull her, but Brooke was not as compliant.  And Kinley didn't want anyone else to pull her, just Brooke, who was being a stinker and wouldn't even try :(
Sweet Aubrey was tuckered out after a long afternoon.  I am pretty sure we all wanted a little cat nap.
We had such a beautiful day and I feel incredibly thankful for the little family I have been blessed with, along with family and friends near and far.  I am reminded daily that I need to count my blessings, which are many!

2 comments:

  1. those pictures look great! but how could they not with such a good looking family? and that food? *drool*

    ReplyDelete