Saturday, November 15, 2014

Kimberly and Josh Get Hitched

We were excited to go to Utah for Kimberly's wedding, and we were really excited to finally meet Josh!  In the three years that they were dating on and off, we never had the opportunity to meet him.  So this was a big weekend for us :)  I really wanted to be in Utah the Thursday before the wedding so I could attend Kimberly's bachelorette party.  Kevin kindly obliged and took Thursday and Friday off work so that I didn't have to travel alone and so Brooke would have her Daddy to watch her while I was away.  She did awesome on the flight, and even slept between us for an hour and a half.
She was pretty enthralled with the airplanes that were coming and going.  
Once we landed in Utah, we headed to Kneaders for lunch, then arrived at Aunt Lori and Uncle Dean's house.  My grandparents were already there, and it was so nice to see them again.  We hadn't seen them in 2 years, and a lot has changed in 2 years!  I send them lots of pictures in the mail (they don't use the internet), but they had never met Brooke in person.  They were so sweet with her, and I will always cherish the cute pictures I took of them together.  My Grandma found out that she had cancer in her lip about a year ago, and the whole process really took a toll of her.  She is now cancer-free, but it was sad to see her getting older. We have always been very close!

We enjoyed the afternoon together, then Kimberly picked me up for the Bachelorette party up in Salt Lake City.  Her friends had planned such a fun party!  We rode a pedal hopper around Salt Lake City wearing mini wedding veils (Kimberly had a full veil), stopping at different restaurants for appetizers, pizza, and dessert waffles.  It seriously was so fun, and such a fun twist from the traditional party.

Friday was spent doing final wedding preparations (except Kevin, who was golfing with Uncle Dean, haha) before heading to SLC for the rehearsal dinner.  Although there wasn't really anything to rehearse, Kimberly and Josh wanted the bridal parties and family to have time to mingle before the big day.  They both had lots of people fly in from all over the country, and many of the friends wouldn't be attending the sealing, so this gave them more time with the guests of honor.  I ended up chatting with two of Kimberly's co-workers, who I met in Florida, about the temple sealing, what it meant, what the rooms looked like, and why I could not take a video for them so they could see the ceremony.
Saturday was the big day!  We ran into Jeffrey and Madison on the way to the temple, and Jeffrey snapped this picture that I absolutely LOVE.  Definitely going in Brooke's room, and it's already in mine :)  One of my college roommates/best friends drove down from Idaho to watch Brooke during the temple sealing.  I was SO grateful and really relieved to know that she would be in good hands.  Erin and her husband said that Brooke was so good for them, so hopefully that's the truth :)   They took her to City Creek, where she growled at a few dogs and waved and blew kisses to the fish.  Sounds about right :)
Kimberly looked gorgeous on her big day! The sealing was beautiful and I of course cried my little eyes out.  I was sitting next to my Grandpa, who is also a tender soul, so it didn't help my cause!
Kevin did an excellent job at catching some of these candid moments!  He was also the designated Brooke-chaser since I was in the bridal party.
She found out that she could slide down the base of the temple walls, and I have the most adorable videos of her doing it over and over.  My Dad got a good kick out of it as well.  The rest of the day was super busy with pictures, a quick lunch (and nap for Brooke in the car), more pictures, a dinner/program, the reception, and Brooke getting her arm caught in the automatic door!  She was such a trooper despite only having a 30 minute nap in the car, but just wanted to walk around as she pleased.  Kevin was also a trooper and wandered around after her for the majority of the evening.  When the automatic door incident occurred, Kevin came to find me with our crying child in tow.  He announced that he was taking Brooke back to the Robinson's house because she was tired and we had expected a lot out of a toddler.  I completely agreed, secured a ride home with my mom, then sent Kevin on his way.  About 15 minutes later, my mom reminded me that she wasn't going back to my Aunt's house that night because they were staying in SLC, but that she could still give me a ride. We both kind of spaced it on that one!  My cousin was willing to drive me home after the reception, but about 15 minutes later, Kevin called to let me know that he was on his way back.  He realized that he didn't let anyone say goodbye to Brooke, and since we wouldn't see them on Sunday, he felt bad and was on his way back.  So sweet :)  It may seem like no big deal, but my parents were so thankful to give a sleeping Brooke one more kiss since they wouldn't see her again until Christmas.  I am grateful that Kevin loves us all. 
Sunday we were able to stop by and visit with Jeffrey, Madi, and Ellie before heading to the airport.  My poor brother had been throwing up all night, so he felt pretty lousy, but we were glad to have a few more minutes together.  And again, Brooke was so good on the plane.  It definitely helps to have us both there with her, and we discovered that she likes taking pictures of herself.  I had about a zillion selfies from Brooke on my phone, haha.  

It was a wonderful, crazy, and memorable weekend celebrating Kimberly and Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment