Monday, November 3, 2014

My 30th

Kevin and I have maybe gone on 5 dates since Brooke was born, 4 of which have been to the temple (which doesn't really count as a date, although it's important!).  The weeks just seem so busy, that by the time the weekend rolls around, we just want to relax and spend time together as a family. 

For my 30th birthday though, I told Kevin that I wanted to dress up and go on a fancy date.  As my birthday approached, we talked about possibly going on a weekend getaway.  When Jerry got wind of the idea, he gifted me a hotel stay at a Marriott property, and was super excited to get to watch Brooke for the weekend.  Although I was hesitant to leave Brooke (even though I knew she would be in great hands), we made a plan to go to Fort Worth for the weekend.  We stayed downtown at Sundance Square, and had a fabulous time.
 Enjoyed a delicious meal at The Reata, then watched a comedy show by Four Day Weekend.  The show was funny, but I could have done without the adult humor.


 The square was so pretty at night, and it was so refreshing to have one-on-one time with Kevin.  I missed Brooke of course, but I know that it is so important for our marriage that we go on dates more often.
Love this man of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment