Sunday, November 16, 2014

Green Meadows Petting Farm

Brooke and I joined a group of friends from our ward for an afternoon at the petting farm by our house.  I wanted to take Brooke last year, but the admission was $12 a person and Kevin and I decided that our 4 month old Brooke wasn't quite ready to appreciate the outing.  But I for sure wanted to take Brooke this year, so we jumped at the invitation to go with friends.

Green Meadows sets up during the month of October, and we had our own "guide" to take us around the farm.  They actually had tons of animals. We saw goats, cows/calfs, sheep, pigs, llamas, turkeys, ducks, geese, chickens, peacocks, ostriches, and horses.  They had a small area at the end where you could hold the smaller animals, like bunnies, chicks, rabbits, guinea pigs, and a tortoise.  If you wanted, which I didn't, you could even milk one of the cows :)
 Brooks was adorable and wanted to hug all the animals.  Brooke, on the other hand, was happy about being near the animals, but was hesitant to touch them.  She was even less than thrilled when one of the baby goats started nibbling on the top of her diaper, hahaha.  I was taking pictures of some of the other kids, and I turned around to hear Brooke saying "no no" to the goat.  She was NOT happy, but it was really quite cute!
 The whole gang waiting for the pig races to start.  We also went for a little hay ride after the races. Hottest hay ride I have ever been on, but I guess that's Texas for ya :)
 Not surprisingly, Brooke's favorites were the ducks and the geese.  She kept quacking at them, and going from one side of the enclosure to the other to get a good look.
 I came well equipped with hand sanitizer and baby wipes, but the water station at the end was a welcome site after touching all those animals!  Thanks to Rachel for coordinating such a fun outing.

Weather permitting, we are heading up to an apple orchard in Roanoke next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment