Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October Snapshot

One thing is true about Brooke, she LOVES to be outside.  Whenever we get in or out of the car, she tries to go straight to her toys in the garage or will point to the park and say "mama", then "kuck".  I am so happy that she likes being outside, and it is so fun to see her little expressions when she is exploring.
 We happen to be out running errands when a crazy storm hit a few weeks ago.  Out of nowhere, the sky turned almost black and the wind started howling.  We quickly got in the car to head home, and I was terrified.  The wind was SO strong, I saw several trees snap in half, and the rain was pelting the car.  I was just praying that we would make it home safely, and then Kevin called me from work to make sure I was home.  When I told him that I wasn't, he was a bit worried because the winds were supposed to get to 80 mph.  I assured him that I would call once we made it home.  Brooke, who rarely ever cries in the car, even started crying because I think she was scared :(

We made it safely home, and honestly, it was not too bad at our house.  Brooke spent a good 30 minutes playing in the water running from the gutter, haha.  (We just had the gutters replaced with the roof, so I figured that was pretty sanitary.)
Like I mentioned, Brooke and I were out running errands when the storm hit, but as we were driving home, my next-door neighbor texted me, saying "Hey, i've been meaning to come thank you for the cookies you brought over, but what better time than when we are stuck at home in this storm.  But hey, it looks like we will get a new fence."  I read her text as soon as I got home, and for some reason, I just assumed that something had happened to THEIR fence.  So, I responded with, "No problem. and bummer about your fence!"  Brooke and I were playing outside for a while, and then when we went into the house, we went over to the master bedroom.  I opened the blinds and saw one of my patio chairs up against the fence.  That was weird?  So, I walked into the kitchen and opened the blinds to see this...
Hahaha.  Oh, my neighbor meant the fence that we shared!!  "Bummer about your fence", haha.  I immediately texted her again, and she said, "Yeah, I was thinking you were being pretty calm about the whole thing!".  Turns out that since our homeowner's insurance deductible is really high, we basically didn't have a claim and would need to fix this on our own.  The fence was repaired last week, so we have our backyard to ourselves again.
 Brooke is mastering the art of feeding herself!  She sometimes needs help getting the food onto her fork, but she is pretty independent.  I do not love, however, that when she thinks she is done, she starts flinging the pieces of food off her tray.
 Helping mama with the yard work.  She was trying so hard to carry that broom around and sweep up :)

 Enjoyed a little tea party with her dolly and doggy.
 Pulled the bumbo from the closet and amazingly, could fit inside.  I guess now that she is taller and leaner, she fits again, haha.
 The next day, she pulled out the walker and climbed on top.  I guess she was channeling her inner baby!
 Again, sweetest bed head EVER!

1 comment: