Monday, November 3, 2014

Daddy's Girl

Brooke and I have LOVED watching Kevin play softball this season.  Thinking back to when she was a newborn, I would just hold her during the games and she was pretty content.  Occasionally, if the fans would cheer too loud, she would get scared, but for the most part she was just happy to be outside.  The games became a little more tricky in her crawling phase, because to be honest, I didn't want to let her crawl all over the ground that was a) super dirty, and b)strewn with chewed-up sunflower seeds.  Now that she is walking, we are both enjoying the games a lot more.  The first game of the season, she sat on my lap the entire time and would wave to her Daddy, blow kisses, and say "Daddy" over and over.  Melted my heart a little :)  The next few games, she discovered how fun it was to get down and rub her hands all over the dirt, and explore the park.  I was fine with it, but wasn't watching much of the game since I was chasing her around, haha.  
During the last two games, I was smarter, and sat on the top bleacher.  She could see better, and felt less free to get down and run around.  I was constantly pointing out her Daddy and she was as darling as ever with her kisses, waves, and clapping.  
 Love watching Kevin with his not-so-little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment