Thursday, October 29, 2015

"my friend scott"

One of Kevin's best friends (Scott Kimball) came to Texas in mid-October.  He was in town for a wedding, but stayed a few extra days to spend time with our family.  I hate to admit it, but when we found out the dates of his trip, I was less-than-thrilled because it was very possible that we would have a baby already.  Since I went into labor 10 days early with Brooke, I wasn't planning on doing anything the two weeks before my due date (which was November 1st).  Kevin assured me that Scott was super low maintenance, which I know, but it still takes extra effort to plan and prepare for guests, and I just wasn't sure that I was up for it.  In the end, it was a great trip, and I feel bad for being so worried.  The day he flew in was also the day of the play group I didn't want to miss (Green Meadows-see previous post), so Bev offered to pick him up and spend the day with him up in Flower Mound.  Kevin drove up that night to pick up Scott and the boat.
'
We enjoyed a few days together, and it really went so smoothly.  It's nice to see Kevin with an old friend, and it was nice to have more time as a family as well. Of course we spent most of the time at the lake, but the weather was perfect, so I can't complain.  
The boys had a lot of fun with the GoPro camera, and those of us in the boat had some good laughs as the tube rider was drug through the white water in order to "get a good shot", haha.  Boys and their toys!
Kevin had to go back to work Monday, and since Scott didn't fly out till the afternoon, we went to the mall to get some souvenirs for his boys.  Brooke wanted to ride on the carousel, and kept saying, "There's my friend Scott", and waving.  It was pretty cute.  She even held his hand on the way out to the car, which was super funny to me.  I feel like she takes a while to warm up to people, but she was a big fan of Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment