Friday, October 30, 2015

final weeks

These pictures feel ancient, but I want to keep things chronological, so here we go.  We went on an evening boat ride when I was 37 weeks pregnant.  As the sun was setting, Kevin wanted to take my profile picture.  I felt really stupid in the moment, but its a fun and somewhat unique picture, so I like it.  And then I didn't make Kevin take my picture on Sunday, haha, so it was a win for everyone.

I finally bought a few more tops because nothing was fitting and I just wanted to feel semi-cute.  I loved this shirt from H & M, but buying maternity pants from them was so depressing.  I think I wrote about that previously.   These pictures were at 38 weeks.

Brooke and I were matching, but, you guessed it, she refused to take a decent picture with me. But we did get a darling picture of her kissing my belly, so we called it good.  
That night, I was commenting to Kevin about how crazy it is that my body had changed so much. Thankfully, I didn't get stretch marks, but you could see all the little veins under my skin that are hard at work.  Pregnancy is pretty amazing when you stop and think that a baby lives in there.  Brooke just came by the computer as I type this, and said, "That's when baby Colby was in your tummy" :) Yes, ma'am!
When I showed up to church at 39 weeks, people kept saying "I can't believe you are here", or "You're still pregnant."  The RS President told me that it made her nervous that I was at church, haha. I wasn't having any contractions, so I'm not sure why she was so concerned.  Maybe it was my ginormous belly that alarmed her!
Brooke was rocking her new dress, so I snapped a picture on the way in, and Kevin snapped one on the way out.  
And here I am at almost 40 weeks!  My mom flew in on Halloween around noon, which was great :)  It was fun to celebrate the evening together, her birthday on November 1st, and then it was time for our baby to make his appearance.
Seemed a bit surreal at the time!  My mom told me that I didn't look nearly uncomfortable enough to be having a baby within a few days, but I was feeling pretty ready.  Or maybe just anxious.  Besides the back pain, I was doing pretty good and felt like I was able to keep up with Brooke just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment