Thursday, October 22, 2015

green meadows petting farm

It may sound silly, but I was really looking forward to taking Brooke back to the Green Meadows Petting Farm/Pumpkin Patch.  Our play group went last year, and Brooke loved it.  I knew this year would only be better, so I requested that our play group go early in the month in case our little guy came a few weeks early.  I really didn't want to miss it!  The morning we were scheduled to go, I also had a prenatal appointment.  So, my little candy corn made an appearance at the OB/GYN, haha.  My mom bought her that adorable outfit, and it seemed like the perfect thing to wear to a halloween activity.  Everyone at the office thought she was the cutest thing ever.  I was just amazed that she would keep her hat on.  
It was a hot hot day (thanks Texas), but we still had a great time checking out all the animals with friends.  Brooke's favorite was the pig races.   There was so much anticipation, and the race lasted about 15 seconds.  A slight disappointment, but thankfully I took a little video on my phone and Brooke watched that epic race over and over.
Brooke and little Mattie on the hay ride.  (We have to refer to her as "little Mattie" to distinguish her from Aunt Madi.)  We were all grateful for the little breeze as we rode around Lynn Creek Park.
Quite possibly my favorite moment from the whole adventure.  Brooke was IN LOVE with those baby chickens.  My friend Adrienne was so sweet to hold the little chicks up for Brooke, and Brooke kept leaning into them like she was giving them loves.  Her little rosy cheeks let you know how absolutely hot it was, but that didn't phase her one bit.  After all our friends left (again, SO HOT!), we stayed another hour so Brooke could ove on those little chicks, brush the bunnies, and run through the pumpkins.  I figured I was already a sweaty mess, what was a little more...
I am thankful that we had the chance to go again this year, especially since they didn't make me pay for Brooke (her ticket should have been $12!).  I am sure we will go again next year, and I am already looking forward to it.  And next year, we will have an almost one year old who will be experiencing his first Halloween :)

No comments:

Post a Comment