Thursday, October 8, 2015

ft. worth zoo

Back in September, after Danielle took my maternity pictures, Brooke and I had a mommy-daughter date to the Ft. Worth zoo.  We were supposed to be meeting our play group at the mini train in Ft. Worth, but it ended up being closed and I couldn't get a hold of the other friends.  The train depot was right next to the zoo, so I figured we might as well make an outing of it since we were already there.  And it was half price day :)  Brooke is still free, which is awesome!  That is one thing I am dreading about her turning 3...most of the freebies are gone!
I really treasured this time just me and her.  I was able to really cater to her interests and go at her pace. She is still holding strong with her refusal for pictures, but she actually requested a picture with this kangaroo.  So, you know that she was pretty excited about it!!
Another first: riding the carousel.  We purchased a ticket, and she was super excited to hand it to the worker as we climbed on.  She thought it was the greatest thing, and I loved every minute of watching her smile as her horse went up and down.  It was a blazing hot day, so when we got home, I had to take a shower.  Brooke was playing in my room, and she runs into the bathroom with change from Kevin's coin jar, and announced, "I have money to buy tickets for the carousel", hahaha.  "Can we ride the carousel".  I was impressed that she understood that we needed money to purchase the tickets, because she rarely sees me use cash to buy anything.
The Ft Worth zoo has an "Old West" area, with animals to pet, a stagecoach, shops, etc.  Brooke loved the water that sprayed from a water tower (she was drenched by the time we left), and this stagecoach.  She kept shouting "all aboard" from the windows.  She was having a happy day, which made my mama heart happy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment