Friday, October 23, 2015

boating with the hawkins

We finally had the chance to take the Hawkins out on the boat with us!  Kevin was taking a few days off work (previous post), so we had the Mastercraft at our house.  We met the Hawkins family at Joe Pool Marina one cool, crisp morning in mid-October.  It turned out to be a beautiful day, but a little bit chilly at first.  We sure love this family and were super excited for them to be our neighbors at the end of the month.

I love the way Brooke looks at Ellie.  Ellie is a total sweetheart to Brooke, and is so kind and patient with her.  As you can tell, Brooke adores her.
These sweet girls :)
Kevin was super cute with Carter while trying to coach him on how to ride the surfboard.  Kevin even jumped in the water with Carter after his first few attempts were unsuccessful.  I love seeing how patient Kevin is and how encouraging he is to first-timers.
Brooke was getting sleepy, and my big pregnant belly made for a nice pillow :)  At times I feel like she is growing up so so quickly, but when she snuggles me like this, I feel like she is my little girl again.  I think I will always feel this way, and it makes my mama heart so blissfully full.

No comments:

Post a Comment