Thursday, October 8, 2015

Maternity Session

My good friend Danielle offered to take some maternity pictures, which I was so grateful for!  I love the pictures from when I was pregnant with Brooke, and I knew I would regret it if I didn't document such an important time in our family's history. Life has been so crazy, so I knew that trying to add Kevin's schedule to the mix would be impossible...so it was just me and Miss Brooke. Unfortunately, Brooke is still not a fan of being photographed, but by some miracle, Danielle was able to capture a few moments that are beyond precious to me.  I really wanted a picture of her hugging my legs and accentuating my bump, but since Brooke was not compliant, I had to basically pull her towards me, and Danielle worked her magic!
In Brooke's defense, she had these bumps all over her feet (that I thought were bug bites), and her shoes were super uncomfortable.  But I am also too vain and wouldn't let her wear her pink crocs, which would have been more comfortable. (I ended up taking her to the doctor the next morning because I suspected Hand Foot Mouth Disease, which is what she had.  Poor girl!)
I really loved this dress, and decided to order it for my baby shower.  It was a little on the pricier side (for me), but I really wanted something beautiful to wear.  I figured it would also work for the pictures, so I justified the purchase.  A few days later, I found it cheaper on another merchant's website, so I reordered the dress and planned on returning the first one.  Then, they changed the shipping date, and I wouldn't get the dress in time for pictures...so I started hunting for the dress in a local shop.  I found one, so went to purchase it for the third time, haha.  I will spare you all the details of the whole return process, but I got the dress I wanted for the price I was happy with, so it was a win :)
After the official maternity pics, we walked over to the playground so Brooke could have a few minutes of fun before we headed to play group.  Funny thing to remember:  When we got in the car, Brooke said "I not smile nice for Miss Danielle".  She is such a stinker!  She is fully aware that she is a pill when it comes to pictures.
Thanks Miss Danielle, I am so in love with the pictures and I owe you a ton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment