Saturday, October 31, 2015

halloween fun

Halloween festivities started on Wednesday at our ward Trunk-or-Treat. We were a little lame this year and didn't do a family costume, but I wasn't sure if I would still be pregnant and if we would even be participating in the ward activity.  I did at least register for a little caterpillar costume (which we got) for our baby boy in case he was here by Halloween.  Since he wasn't, we made our way to the party :)  My mom had given Brooke that cute tutu and wings, so we decided that she would be a fairy this year.  I ordered that leotard from a dance supplier, and the flower wreath from amazon.  I thought she looked pretty darn adorable.

She was not too interested in going trick-or-treating, but she loved passing out the candy, and running around like a maniac with Harvey the dinosaur and Carter (Ironman).

Like I mentioned, Mom flew in on Halloween around noon, and Brooke was excited to see her Nay Nay.

I made the roasted vegetable soup that has been the tradition the last three years, and then we camped out on the porch to pass out candy.  I grossly underestimated how much candy we needed this year!  Last year, I overbought, and I really didn't want extra candy around my house.  This year, I bought a huge bag of chocolate candy from Costco, a giant bag of Dum Dum suckers, and a few other smaller bags of candy.  We went through it ALL!  Then I rummaged through the pantry for whatever I could find, which included leftover lollipops from Brooke's birthday party and a bag of peppermints, haha.  We were pretty desperate.  When we were down to the last few mints, we turned out our lights and went over to the Hawkins house to trick-or-treat.  
It was a super fun evening filled with laughs and a lots of lollipops for Brooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment