Monday, November 30, 2015

setting up Christmas

We set-up our Christmas tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and Brooke and I were both pumped!  I love Christmas decorations, and I think Brooke's love of decorations might rival my own.
I am grateful for a pre-lit tree because I don't think I have the patience to string lights on a 9 ft tree. After placing the burlap ribbon, I hung most of the ornaments and let Brooke and Daddy finish the last few.  Then, Brooke needed to kiss all the ornaments within her reach.  I have a woodlands theme going, so there are lots of animals to kiss.
She was also very interested in the handprint ornament we made her first Christmas.  She kept placing her hand on it and I would comment about how big she was getting.  We did a similar ornament for Colby this year to document his first Christmas. 
Brooke made a complete disaster in the living room while I was in decorating mode.  It took me a solid 3 days to finish decorating due to the demands of the littles :)  And I don't even have that many decorations!!
And our favorite little Christmas present...
There is something so magical about having a baby at Christmas.  Thinking about Mary giving birth to the Christ child in a manger is very humbling.

This happened later in the month...but Bev gave Colby his stocking and it was beautiful!  She does such a great job with this tradition, and I appreciate that she spends countless hours in this labor of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment