Sunday, November 29, 2015

thankful

Thanksgiving was pretty low-key this year, which was great since we had a three week old baby.  Jerry and Bev brought all the food, and came to our house so we didn't have to pack up and go anywhere.  It really was so nice of them to be so considerate of my lack of energy, haha. I of course wanted to take a few pictures in the morning, and Brooke was not wanting to pose for me.  She informed me that she wanted to take the pictures.  I love her little pony tail in this picture :)  As I was taking pictures of Daddy and Colby, she climbed into the chair next to them and I quickly snapped a picture of my girl with her little smirk.  
Kevin is really good at pretending not to take pictures of Brooke, but getting her in them as well.
It was a beautiful day outside, so Kevin strung up his hammock on our patio. Brooke's expression cracks me up!  And Colby's little hand resting on his Daddy is so precious. It's moments like this that make me appreciate what I have. I wouldn't trade any of those sleepless nights for anything.
Overall, it was just a very relaxing and enjoyable day.  I am THANKFUL for my little family, our extended family, the home we have, all of our material blessings, our knowledge of the gospel. and the relationship I have with the Savior. I know that I am richly blessed, and I hope I can always remember to show gratitude for all that I receive.  I am also trying to do better at recognizing the light of Christ in my life.  (Something we are challenged to do by the YW President.)

No comments:

Post a Comment