Sunday, November 29, 2015

november iphone gems

Nay Nay was with us on the first day of November, which also happened to be her birthday!  I was thinking that maybe our baby would want to share a birthday with his Grandma, but I guess that wasn't the case. 
With Colby being itty bitty, we weren't spending as much time outside and I could tell that Brooke was missing it!  One afternoon, we headed out, and Brooke was so excited to rake leaves, haha.  The joys of being a kid :)  She is actually pretty helpful with yard work. 


She loved this Corduroy Halloween book my Mom gave her, and she even read it to a sleeping Colby. 
Brooke gives the most genuine smiles when she is with her Daddy.  The licorice helps, too :)
I spent a lot of time staring at that sweet face.  He smiled a lot in his sleep, which must have meant that he was having good dreams.
Bedtime was my favorite.  Brooke always asked if Colby could lay on her pillow, too.  He would just stare at his sister.  Seriously, he was so calm and chill.
These are the loves of my life...
Brooke's love of soccer continued, and she actually got really good at dribbling the ball with minimal repositioning of the ball with her hands, haha.
The Vitamin D was good for Colby boy as well!
I think I forgot how much newborns sleep!  And I was amazed by the amount of noise he could sleep through.  Brooke is a noisy little girl, but it didn't seem to faze him.  I guess he got used to her noise in utero.
One day, during Brooke's nap, I looked at her monitor.  I hadn't heard a sound, I just wanted to see if she was still asleep.  I couldn't see her, so I assumed that she was awake, and by her bookcase.  She generally waited in bed for me to come up, so it was a bit strange. I entered her room, only to find her curled up by the other door, haha.  It was kind of adorable,  and the only time she's ever done that.
Colby's eyes were still deep blue, and we were hoping that they would stay that way.  (He was wrapped in the dinosaur blanket Auntie Kimberly made for him. )
And this might be my favorite father-son picture!  I was in the bathroom giving Brooke her bath, when Kevin called for me.  Colby had fallen asleep next to him, and had positioned his little hand under his chin.  Kevin wanted me to take a picture, so I told Kevin to pose the same way.  I love these two boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment