Monday, November 16, 2015

the ford

Watching the Ford being driven away back on November 21st, was surprisingly really sad.  When we bought the Nissan Armada back at the end of August, we intended to sell the truck.  The truck was purchased by my Dad back in 1998, and I took it up to Provo with me in January of 2006 when I made the decision to not serve a mission, but to continue dating Kevin.  When Kevin and I got married in June of that year, my dad gave us the truck and it's been a part of our family ever since.  It really has been such a great truck for us, and although Kevin frequently reminded me to "drive it like a Grandpa" since it was getting old, it was still running great.  We just didn't need three cars.

Once we determined what it was worth, we put For Sale signs in the windows and Kevin parked it at Certifit, thinking that it would sell within a few days.  He did that for weeks, with little interest.  We were both really surprised.  We kept talking about listing it on Craiglist, but just never got around to it I guess.  When I finally posted the ad, people showed interest right away.   Kevin talked to a man named R.T. for a while about the truck, and it seemed like we had a deal.  He came by the house to see the truck, and after a little negotiating, Kevin had the cash in hand.  It all seemed a little strange to be selling this truck that had been in our family forever!  Kevin especially seemed a little sentimental about it.  We had R.T. take a picture of us in front of the truck, and then I snapped another one of just Kevin before the truck left our driveway forever.
R.T. assured us that this truck was going to a good home, haha.  He appreciated how clean the truck was, and he said that he kept his vehicles in a similar fashion.  And for some weird reason, that did make me feel a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment