Saturday, November 14, 2015

full bed conversion

Since Brooke started requiring the "full lay-down" treatment (as Kevin called it) at night, we decided it was time to convert her bed to a full.  It was getting a little tricky to hunch next to her toddler bed while she fell asleep.  We made the change the week we got home from the hospital.  (November 6th)
We took the big rocking chair out of her room and took it down to our room to make room for her bed.  This was the plan all along for when our baby arrived, but I worried that she would feel sad about not having it in her room any more.  Kevin took it down when she wasn't looking, and we kept talking up her new mattress and big girl bed!
She was VERY excited to help Daddy with the electric drill.
With the bed complete with new sheets, she was ready to try it out!
I can't remember why she took her dress off, but apparently she didn't want to wear a shirt either.  My silly girl :)  That night, we both layed by her in bed until she fell asleep.  I told her that she just needed to call for us in the morning and we would come up to get her.  She slept great all night, as normal, which was a huge relief.  When she woke up the next day, I heard her on the monitor saying "Mama, come and get me."  "I don't want this mattress."  I am not sure if she had been awake for a while and was sad that I hadn't come upstairs yet...but she equated that with her new mattress.  And she wasn't a fan!  Later in the day she asked about her chair, and when I told her that we needed to make room for her new bed, she again said that she didn't want a new mattress (bed).  That only lasted a day or two, and she has done great ever since.
Well, besides falling out a time or two :(  The first time, I thought that she just was too close to the edge since she had fallen asleep for her nap with Daddy next to her.  The second time it happened, Kevin and I had just gone to bed.  All of a sudden, we heard a thud upstairs and immediate crying on the monitor.  I have only seen Kevin tear out of our room so fast on one other occasion (when my Mom fell upstairs).  He was out of our room in a flash and was upstairs with Brooke. She was crying and crying :(  I am not sure if it was more because she was scared, or because she actually got hurt.  She has since brought it up a few times, but always says, "Remember when I fell out of my bed?  And Daddy came and picked me up?"  That's right, sweet girl, your Daddy was there in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment