Monday, July 7, 2014

Jeffrey's Graduation

I am so proud of my little brother.  He graduated from the MAcc Accounting Program at BYU in April with High Distinction.  Not really sure how you qualify for that, but we had dinner with one of the Professors, and he told us multiple times that Jeffrey was the top student in the program.  I am not even his parent, but it made me proud, haha.  Brooke and I were able to attend his graduation ceremony.  We enjoyed a nice lunch at Riverside with the Robinsons beforehand, then headed over to the ceremony.  Mom headed over with Jeffrey, Madison, and Ellie to take pictures, and the girls went over with Dad to get seats.

I think this was the first time she sat directly on the grass.  Texas grass has fireants :(
Everything was going smoothly, until I realized that although Brooke had table foods during dinner, she was probably going to need to nurse before the ceremony was over.  Clearly, I hadn't thought of that when I was picking my outfit, because I was wearing a dress!  We had about 20 minutes before the ceremony would start, so my Mom helped me look for a Mother's Lounge or somewhere to sit down with Brooke.  The Stadium was super busy, and we couldn't find anything of the sort.  My mom suggested we try the bathroom, which I was certain would not work.  But when you are desperate, you try anything!  So, all three of us went into the noisy bathroom, and into a stall.  Mom held Brooke while I took off my dress and laid a seat cover on the toilet.  It is there, on that toilet seat, that I had to nurse Brooke.  The worst part, besides sitting on a toilet seat in a loud bathroom, was the fact that Brooke kept reaching behind my back and touching the toilet. (We washed her hands after!) Actually, the worst part was when the lady next to us was pooping and stinking up the place.  This will definitely make the top of the list of worst experiences while breastfeeding, haha.  But in the end, I guess it was a win because she had a full tummy, fell asleep during a beautiful musical piece at the beginning of graduation, and slept through all the speeches and things she would need to be quiet for!!
She then spent the rest of the time reading books with Grammie and sitting with Grandpa and Auntie Kimberly as they read the names of zillions of graduates.



No comments:

Post a Comment