Thursday, July 24, 2014

Fourth Of July

The weekend before the 4th, we met the "Arlington Gang" for breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  I think we were there the first year they started this tradition, but missed a few years due to our time spent in Florida.  Last year, we attended with our tiny baby girl, who was not so tiny this year!!
As we were walking up to the restaurant, I had to laugh to myself about being all dressed in our red, white, and blue, and it wasn't even the Fourth of July, haha.  We had a wonderful breakfast, then spent probably another hour outside sitting in the classic rocking chairs.

All the kids!! (Well, except the Crumptons, who were sick.) Cooper was pretty excited to hold Brooke, and his smile is priceless :)




On the actual Fourth, we headed up to Flower Mound to go boating.  The lake was packed, but we enjoyed being out in the sun and Brooke did awesome on the water.


This girl melts my heart!!  She didn't nap at all on the boat, so I was a bit concerned about how she would do with the fireworks that didn't start until 9:30.  But Kevin, Brooke, and I sat in the bow of the boat, and enjoyed watching 6 fireworks shows around the lake.  It was a perfect night!  Bev and I headed back to the house while the boys cleaned the boat.  I need to get the pic off my phone when we arrived back at the house, Brooke looked so exhausted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment