Wednesday, July 9, 2014

a trip down memory lane :)

Being back in Utah made we realize just how beautiful it is!  I really think I forgot how majestic the mountains are.  They almost seemed fake!  Texas and Florida are really flat, so it has been a while since I have lived near mountains.  I also hate to admit this, but I never hiked the Y during my Provo days.  I was talking to my brother about it, and HE had never hiked the Y either.  I was sure that we should have a family hike with our babies, so I pitched the idea to Kevin.  He had never hiked the Y either, but was not sold on the idea since it was still pretty cold and we would have 2 babies in tow.  This was probably a good decision, because Monday morning it snowed, haha.  If you look closely, you can see little snow flurries in the picture.  This qualifies as Brooke's first snow :)
There is something adorable about Dads and their little girls.
We drove past our first house in Provo, which used to be a salmon pink color.  Besides the color, it still looked the same, and brought back a lot of memories.
The real trip down memory lane started as we walked on the BYU campus. It really is a gorgeous campus, and I felt so grateful for my time spent there.  We had to take a few pictures with the "Y" in the background.  Someday, we WILL hike to that "Y"!!


It may seem odd that we took pictures outside the Joseph Smith Building (JSB), but there is a story behind it.  During the Fall semester that Kevin and I started "hanging out", I happen to be outside the JSB when he came walking out.  I was waiting for my next class to start, and he had just finished a class inside.  We talked for a few minutes, then made plans to play tennis that week.  Well, once I knew that we had classes back to back in the JSB, I made it a point to be early enough to class that I could "study" outside.  It might sound pathetic, or desperate, but I call it strategic placement :)  Really, that started out casual friendship, which led to dates, and ultimately dating.
When Kevin graduated (back in 2007), we took a reenactment picture outside the JSB to humor our parents who really got a kick out of our story.

Who knows, maybe Brooke will end up going to BYU someday!  We loved our experiences there, and figured it would be fun to have pictures of Brooke as a baby on campus.

The return flight was so much more enjoyable that the outbound flight!  It definitely helped to have Kevin there, but the early evening flight and extra seat didn't hurt either.

2 comments:

  1. that is so cute!!! ♥ i miss utah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I cried when I found out our old dorms were demolished?! I seriously loved BYU and my favorite friends I got to live with!!

    ReplyDelete