Sunday, June 19, 2016

thankful for fathers

The YW were given the task of preparing something for the fathers in the ward, and since I didn't have it ready for the girls to help me with at mutual, Brooke became my assistant.  She lives for stuff like this, haha.  I had all the printables (thanks Pinterest) cut out and ready, and she helped me tape them on and stack them up :) I love having her involved in tasks like this.  I can tell that she feels super important, and I love to "work on projects" together. 
I helped Brooke make a special card for Daddy, and she was so excited to give it to him that morning. She carried it in with a few gifts we ordered from Amazon :) As a side note, this is the first time Kevin has really grown out a beard.  What started as a few lazy days of not wanting to shave, turned into full on beard mode.  He looked really handsome, but I wasn't a fan because it was too scratchy.  He kept it about a week, then shaved it off.  Totally threw Colby for a loop, haha.

It was a fairly low-key morning, and then it was church as usual.  I rather enjoy my time during the second hour with Colby.  It is always really quiet in the Mother's Lounge, and its free from distractions and interruptions.  This boy has my heart!!
Since we were running late to church, I didn't get a picture of Kevin with the kids.  By the time we get home from church, Colby is normally asleep, so I made Kevin duck into the Mother's Lounge after church so I could snap a cute picture.  He really is such a fabulous Dad and our kids adore him!  One of my favorite moments of each day is when Kevin walks in the door.  When Brooke hears the door beep, she takes off running and screams "Daddy, Daddy", then jumps into his arms and gives him the best "wrappy" hug, as we call it.
We celebrated later that afternoon with Papa. Papa loved his present (a canvas of him and Colby to add to the collection, and Colby loved his first taste of corn on the cob.
Kevin is a wonderful Dad to our kids and I know that they will always know how much their Daddy loves them.  Before Brooke was born, I was working on her baby book.  They had pages for both the mother and father to write letters to their baby. Kevin's letter was so sweet, and he wrote that he wanted to always "Preside, provide and protect" (from The Family: A Proclamation to the World).  He does just that, and I am falling more in love with him every day as he magnifies that role!

I am also blessed with a wonderful Dad and Father-In-Law.  They love and support our family, and take their roles as "Papa" very seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment