Wednesday, June 29, 2016

i love to see the temple

I hate to admit this, but until this day (June 24th), our kids had never been to the Dallas Temple.  Brooke has been to the Salt Lake City Temple, and both kids have been outside the Ft Lauderdale temple, but we had never made a point of driving them to see our temple.  This particular Friday, I had to make a last minute trip to the church bookstore to buy camp manuals for the girls leaving the following Monday.  Since the bookstore is right by the temple, I thought it was the perfect opportunity.  The whole way there, we talked about the temple and Brooke was super excited.  As soon as she saw it, she started shouting, "I see the temple, I see it, I see it."  
They did a total facelift to the landscaping around the temple, and even added a water feature on the south side. It totally elevated the whole look of the temple.  I made a comment to the lady in the distribution center about how great it looked, and her comment was something along the lines of "I know, I was never proud of our temple before, but now I am really proud of it." Hahaha, at least she was honest.

As we left the distribution center, I really wanted to take Brooke into the waiting area of the temple.  I wasn't sure what the rules were since we were in street clothes and I had my umbrella stroller with Colby in tow...but I saw another mom inside with a child, so I went for it.  I reminded Brooke to be reverent, but as soon as we stepped inside, she totally changed.  She was so quiet, then made a comment about how it was a special place.  A temple worker passed her and complimented her on being so reverent, which totally made her day.  We didn't stay long, but just long enough to admire the beautiful furnishings and feel of the special spirit there.
I love this picture of her looking up at the temple.  I need to print it for her room as a constant reminder to set her sights on the temple.
I remind these kids all the time that we are a family forever because of the temple.  Such a beautiful blessing and promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment