Sunday, June 12, 2016

san antonio

The day after Brookie's birthday party, we loaded up the Armada and headed down to San Antonio for a little family time with the Peacocks and G & G Meador.  Grandpa had been stockpiling his points to allow us to stay at the J.W. Marriott resort.  We went two years ago and had a fabulous time, so we were excited to go back.  They were even able to upgrade us to the ground level suite so we had a huge living room and dining area to congregate in.  Jerry gave us the room attached to the suite, which was so awesome.  I was able to lay Colby down for a nap, and the rest of us could hang out in the suite. Definitely a luxury! 
The kids were doing pretty good on the drive down, but about two hours in, Colby became pretty fussy.  As we stopped at a red light, I literally dove into the back seat to calm him down.  Although I was a bit carsick back there, I rode there with the littles to keep everyone happy.
Brooke and I took silly selfies, and Colby eventually fell asleep.
We arrived about 5, and the valet guys began unloading our car.  I went to get Colby from his car seat, and as soon as I picked him up, I felt something wet along my arm.  My little dude had the craziest blowout and I literally had poop smeared all over my arm.  I then set to work wiping him down, while Kevin handed my wipe after wipe, haha.  After we dropped our bags, we headed out to tour the grounds and have a s'more (a nightly ritual). Colby approved :)
Aubrey is my girl and was my sidekick for the majority of the evening.
Favorite memories:
Colby was sound asleep in my arms, so Daddy got to do hair duty for Brooke.  He is such a good Daddy.  Brooke was upset about something, hence the pacifier.  Looking at this picture makes me realize how old she looked to have a paci, but it was such a comfort item for her.  We ditched them all a few weeks after her birthday.
Colby's first encounter with sand...
I was pleasantly surprised with how great the kids did in the hotel room.  Brooke shared a bed with Kevin and I, and Colby slept in the pack-n-play.  He woke up a few times each night, but he did that at home too, so nothing new.
Papa bought Colby some sporty sunglasses, haha.
We checked out on June 8th (Brooke's birthday).  The morning of her birthday, I woke up super early and blew up a few dozen balloons to scatter around the suite.  I wanted the day to feel special, and I figured she would be excited to walk into a room filled with balloons.  She thought it was pretty great, and I love her happy smile in this picture.
We met everyone for breakfast, then headed out (just the 4 of us) to enjoy our last few hours before check-out.
Brooke even brought along her new harmonica that Sister Parr had given her at her birthday party!
It was then time to make the return journey back home.  The kids slept A TON on the way home, which was so nice. Kevin and I were able to talk a lot, which is something we don't always get to do. It is easy to get distracted with a toddler and a baby, so I really appreciated the time we had together.
The icing on the cake was opening one more present when we arrived home...a hot pink scooter!!
Thanks to G & G Meador for sponsoring such a fabulous family vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment