Thursday, June 30, 2016

10 years

I still can't believe that we've been married for 10 years.  That just sounds like a really long time! With our anniversary approaching, I started talking to Kevin about how we were going to celebrate.  I wanted to do something unique and special since it was TEN years we were celebrating.  We talked about going on a weekend adventure somewhere, but we had one small problem with this plan.  Colby wouldn't take a bottle!  We tried on multiple attempts, but were only semi-successful and I worried about leaving him for even one night. Getting him to nap and sleep at night would have been pretty rough, so we decided against it.  I think I cared more than Kevin.  His thought process was that although it would be fun to do a weekend away, that just wasn't conducive to our situation right now. We have plenty of time for those adventures in the future.  He was right, so we decided to just dress up and go on a fancy date.  I have always wanted to go eat at the Reunion Tower in Dallas, but they didn't have any reservations available when I called two weeks ahead, and the menu didn't exactly appeal to me...so we opted for The Capital Grille in Dallas.

Since we don't go out often, this was a real treat. I was reminded about how important it is to take time for our marriage.  I loved the conversation and the fact that we were able to eat dinner without any interruptions.
I love this guy and am so grateful for the 10 beautiful years we have had together.  I wanted to make something sentimental for Kev, so I looked back through thousands of photos to find some of my favorite memories over the years.  I printed 70 pictures, laminated them, hole punched the corners, and put a ring around it.  I brought it out during dinner, and it was fun to talk about all the memories associated with each picture.  We had a lot of fun adventures before we had kids, and feel so grateful for the addition of our two sweet babies.  I'm grateful to have Kevin's love and support, and I look forward to many more adventures with him by my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment