Friday, June 24, 2016

endless summer

We have spent A LOT of time swimming this summer!  I was initially a little worried about taking both kids swimming by myself, but once I had a system, it worked out great.  I ordered that puddle jumper for Brooke, and she loved it!  It helped that the first time we tried it out, she was able to jump in the pool with all her bigger friends (especially Mattie-pictured above).  She loved the independence she had, and I loved that she was safe in and around the water without my constant help.  I knew that my hands were going to be full with Colby!  He was content to sit in the pool float we used for Brooke when she was a baby.
Colby really is such a chill baby.  As long as he is in my arms, or near people, he is a happy camper.
Almost every Friday, we had a pool date with the original Arlington friends.  It was great to see my friends every week, and the kids had a fun time playing together. We chatted, swam, and picnicked by the pool. We also met up with our play group (church friends) almost every week.  The Hawkins were part of that group, but we also saw them at other times during the week since we are neighbors :)

One morning, we went to the pool on a whim, and we had the whole place to ourselves!  For almost two hours!!  It's great being there with friends, but I also enjoyed the time to just play with my babies and give them all of my attention.
And when you have friends who take great pictures (Miss Danielle), you get surprises like this in your inbox.  I love that she captured these moments with my Colby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment