Saturday, December 19, 2015

santa

I never thought I would care that much about Santa pictures, but since we had one from Brooke's first two Christmases, I didn't want to break the trend.  We decided to drive up to the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine when they opened on Saturday morning to hopefully avoid the long lines.  We arrived at 10:15, and Kevin dropped me off at the door so I could go inside and scope out the situation.  They have a system where you get a ticket that tells you what time to stand in line.  This is to avoid super long lines, which I was hoping would be the case since we got there early.  Well, apparently everyone else had the same idea because the place was packed and our ticket wasn't until 2:30.  I was NOT prepared to kill 4 hours just to take a picture with Santa, but I was still really disappointed.  Kevin knew that I was bummed about it, so he suggested that we go grab lunch, run and few errands, and just see what time it was.  We went over to Steak and Shake, and guess who was there???

SANTA :)  We had just sat down at our table, and Kevin noticed the guy in the red suit a few tables away.  I asked Kevin if he would be super embarrassed if I asked him to take a picture with our kids.  He wasn't keen on the idea of bothering the guy during his lunch with his wife, so we just waited patiently for our food.  A few minutes later, Santa came over to our table to wish us a Merry Christmas.  He asked if we had a camera, and offered to take pictures with us.  So sweet!  I was ecstatic.  Brooke was not friendly, which made me even more glad that we weren't going to have to waste our day in line for a picture that she wouldn't smile for.  
Colby was a good sport, though.  I had a cute Christmas outfit in the car for our Santa pictures, but when opportunity knocks, you just take advantage.  Plus, when you are a baby, it is perfectly acceptable to rock your jammies all day, right??
With Santa pictures done, we could enjoy our lunch and get on with our day.  Mission accomplished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment