Tuesday, December 29, 2015

christmas cheer

I was pretty exhausted Christmas morning since Colby woke up every few hours during the night, but I was excited to go up to Brooke's room and tell her that Christmas was finally here.  Kevin and I turned on all the "twinkle lights", turned the heat up, and headed upstairs to get Brooke.  After she finished her milk, we asked her if she thought Santa came.  She lit up and wanted to go find out :)  Kevin went to the bottom of the stairs to get a video of Brooke and her reaction to everything.  As soon as she saw the baby stroller, she said, "Is that mine?"  It was adorable!  She went right over to it and checked it out.  She immediately wanted to push it around.  After a few minutes, we asked her about the plate of cookies.  She saw the empty plate on the chair and the note from Santa.  I read it to her, and she seemed pretty happy about getting a note from the man in red.

Next, she checked out her stocking and her other gift from Santa, which was a wooden food set that you can "cut" into pieces.  Inside her stocking, she found chapstick, jelly beans, a pink watch, and some chocolate.  She loaded everything into her stroller, along with her baby Chloe, and went on a walk around the house.  She was just so excited about everything, and we just played with those toys for a while.

She wanted us all to come to the bottom of the stairs in a "special spot"  (which sounds like "feshal fought") that she made for us.  Daddy needed a breakfast snack, haha.

After a while, we told her about her other presents under the tree.  She opened one, but honestly, didn't care about any more gifts.  In a way, I was kind of glad that she was content with just a few things.  I don't think we went overboard by any means, but after offering her the gifts, and her saying "You can open it, Mama.", I decided that I would just put those gifts away for later.  I knew that she would be getting more gifts later anyway with family!

Here is Colby's gift from Santa.  I didn't buy him much because he was too little to even enjoy the wrapping paper...but Santa did bring him a few cars :)


Over the next couple hours, we played, made some dinner preparations, and got ready for the day.  Colby enjoyed relaxing in his swing :)
Once we were all ready, we headed up to Flower Mound to spend the afternoon with family.  Auntie Mel Mel was anxious to have some Colby snuggles. 
We opened all our gifts, and were spoiled as usual.
Brooke opened Colby's gifts as well and made sure they were in good working order...
Brooke LOVED her new jewelry from her cousins.  She is such a girly-girl, which I kind of love.
After gifts, we enjoyed a yummy dinner, and spent time resting and relaxing together.
And last, but not least, we celebrated an early birthday for Kevin.  As we were about to sing, Kevin says, "Can I hold Colby for my birthday pictures?"  It was pretty sweet.
And of course the girls were ready to help Kevin blow out his candles. 
It really was a great day, but I was less than thrilled when we got home though and I realized what a disaster my house was.   I hate to go to bed with a messy house, but I was so so tired so I just turned out the lights and walked away.  At least all the dishes were clean (Kevin washed them before we left), I just needed to put them away in the morning.

Here are the spoils of Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment