Wednesday, December 16, 2015

grandma and grandpa gg

Kevin's grandparents came to visit the first week of December.  They are affectionately know as "Grandma and Grandpa GG" by the granddaughters.  They have always been so welcoming and sweet to me, so I was excited to see them and for them to meet Colby.  He is the first great grandsson 
in this family, so he is kind of a big deal.

Bob and Bobbi held him as soon as we got there, which was really tender to see.  They have a great legacy, and despite their age, they have made a huge effort to come to weddings, baby blessings, etc. 
Aunt Shelley and Uncle Al traveled with them, and it was fabulous to see them as well.  Everyone gave such sweet gifts for Colby and the girls.  Brooke carried that purse around for days, haha.  
 Colby was nice enough to pee all over Aunt Shelley, and we joked that Colby must really like her.
 It was getting a little noisy in the house, and since it was a gorgeous day outside, we sent the girls and dads to the backyard.  The girls had a blast running and playing outside, and eventually ended up in Grandma's room reading books together.  Brooke is not always patient with Aubrey, so we are working on that.  But I love that these cousins get to see each other often.
 We enjoyed a yummy meal together, and just tried to make the most of that special time together.  We had skipped out on church to have a full day together. This picture cracks me up...
Just keeping it real, folks :)  Colby was DONE taking pictures I guess.  Kevin told me that's how him and Brooke feel too, they just have to keep it on the inside :)

I went back up to Flower Mound to meet everyone on Monday for Kinley's dance recital.  We had lunch at Culvers, and spent more time together at the house.  For a few hours, Brooke and Colby had one-on-one time with everyone, which was a priceless memory.  She still talks about them, and the baby Grandma GG gave her.  After Kevin finished work that evening, he also came to the house for one last visit.  Kevin had mentioned to me that he was thinking about asking his Grandpa to give Colby a blessing since they weren't going to be here for his actual baby blessing.  I encouraged him to do it, because I knew it would be an honor for Grandpa, and something we could always tell Colby about.  I think it's pretty rare to have time with your great-grandparents.

Just as we were getting ready to leave, he asked Grandpa, and it was such a tender moment.  I held Colby, and as Grandpa placed his frail hands on his head, I felt the Spirit so strongly in that room.  I wish I would have written down some of the things he said, but I know he blessed him to carry his name well, and I am grateful that he has a father to help him do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment