Wednesday, December 30, 2015

a name and a blessing

This sweet boy was blessed in our home by his Daddy on December 27th, 2015.  Kevin did such a beautiful job and I have decided that I really love having our babies blessed at home.  There is just something so personal and intimate about it.  We had actually planned on doing it at church, but since my parents were only in town from Sunday night to Friday morning, it didn't work out.  We didn't want them to have to fly out again for the blessing, so we asked for permission to do it at home.  My parents flew in at 5 pm, so we made arrangements for Brother Taggart from the bishopric to be at our home at 7.  Jerry and Bev offered to pick my parents up from the airport on their way down, which was super helpful.  Especially since they had to wait almost 2 hours for their luggage and didn't arrive at our house until almost 8!  Despite that little hiccup, the evening was beautiful.  As soon as we were all there, we sang "I Am A Child Of God", and Kevin performed the blessing.  Short and sweet :)
I took these pictures a few weeks before when I was ensuring that the outfit fit our chunky boy...

I love my little family so much.  And I feel so grateful that Kevin has the priesthood, and that he can use it to bless our family. Colby was so peaceful and calm during the blessing, which was much appreciated.  He is a super calm baby though, so I wasn't too worried.


After the blessing, Brother Taggart left, and we had some sausage lentil soup and rolls.  It was all very low key, but I appreciated the Spirit in our home and the love that was shown towards our little Colby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment