Sunday, December 6, 2015

reliant energy show

Thanks to Facebook, I found out about the Reliant Energy Light Show.  It was on a list of "50 Things To Do In Dallas This Christmas."  It was a spur of the moment decision, and I am so glad we made it.  It was our first real outing with Colby, and I think I just needed to do something out of the ordinary.  Plus, who can say no to a light show and a fireworks display set to the Trans Siberian Orchestra?

We were rushing when we finally made it to the plaza since we were stuck in horrible downtown traffic.  But, we made it and it was awesome.  Brooke clung to her Daddy as she watched the whole show.  At first the fireworks scared her, but then she loved it.  It lasted about 15 minutes, and when we turned around, we saw Santa.  The line looked super short so we hurried over, then realized that the line wrapped around a corner, up a staircase, and zig-zagged through an entire outdoor plaza, haha.  I knew a short line was too good to be true!  Instead, we waved to Santa, and he waved right back at Brooke :)

I would totally come back to this event, so I am making a mental note.  And next time we'll come early and participate in the food trucks as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment