Thursday, July 16, 2015

father's day

This is a super blurry phone picture, but Brooke was pretty dang excited to carry this special (and heavy) plate to her Daddy for breakfast-in-bed.  Our oven was not working, so I had to go with store-bought cinnamon rolls :(   We practiced saying "Happy Father's Day Daddy", and it was pretty much the most adorable moment ever to hear her say those words while attempting to carry the plate. 

There is no denying that Brooke loves her Daddy. Even though she wouldn't smile for a picture! Remember how she is in a stage where she doesn't want her picture taken??
Grandma and Grandpa Meador came over for dinner, and Brooke was a really good helper when it came time to open gifts.

She also had plenty of kisses to go around :)
The highlight of the evening was watching Brooke taste whipped cream for the first time. We were enjoying our ice cream sundaes, when I think Jerry had the idea to give Brooke a taste.  Kevin sprayed a little blob in her bowl, which she quickly devoured.  She kept asking for more, then Kevin put some on her hand, and she immediately licked it all off, put the other hand out, and said "More please Daddy", haha.  
I have told Kevin this many times recently, but I really love seeing him as a Daddy.  Brooke adores him, runs to his arms when he comes home and says "My Daddy came home".  She asks about him repeatedly throughout the day, and when I tell her we can do something later, she will respond with, "Okay, when Daddy comes home".  He is so patient and kind with her and I love to see their little bond growing stronger every day.  I look forward to seeing Kevin father a little boy, but I know that he will always have a soft spot for his Brookie girl.

I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout-out to my own father.  I am incredibly blessed in the Dad department.  He is one of the hardest working, and most generous people that I know. I have learned many valuable lessons from this man, and continue to do so.  I can always count on his daily phone calls and genuine concern about how our family is doing.

And I have been blessed with a wonderful Father-in-law who raised a great son.  He has always shown me so much love as well, and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment