Saturday, July 25, 2015

Headed Home (California Trip -Tuesday and Wednesday)

Brooke and I just spent a wonderful week in California visiting Nay Nay and Papa.  Brooke didn't understand why Daddy wasn't coming with us, but she was sure excited to go on a trip.  My friend Rachel was kind enough to take us to the airport since we left on Tuesday while Kevin was at work.
Although I hated having to pay for two plane tickets, it was really nice to have two seats.  It is getting more uncomfortable to have Brooke sit on my lap for a long time due to my ever-growing baby bump.  She was a champ at doing the seat belt by herself, and she loved having her own little window.
Just checking things out before we pulled away from the gate...
Safety first :)
When in flight, we read a few books, colored in her notebooks, and watched several Care Bear episodes.  Baby puppy enjoyed the show from Brooke's shoulder.
About 2 hours in, Brooke was getting tired.  She asked for her paci, started rubbing my ear (and then hers), and did her Minnie puzzles on the iPad.  Despite having to change one very poopy and smelly diaper in the airplane bathroom (which is seriously such a joke), the flight was a success.  We arrived to the SJC airport, which totally smelled of the infamous Gilroy garlic, haha.  Mom and Dad were both there to retrieve us, which was a bit of a surprise since Dad should have been getting some sleep!  He was just too darn excited to see his little granddaughter I think.
When we arrived at the house, Brooke went into explorer mode.  She wanted to check out the surprises (toys and a book) Nay Nay had set out for her.  She was anxious to play and have some fun. The time change was really throwing me off though because it was like 8:30 in CA, so the sun was still out, but I felt so tired since it was really 10:30 to my body clock.  Once it was finally dark, Miss Brooke went to sleep in a pack-n-play in her own room.  She didn't wake up at all during the night, which was a huge blessing.  Normally she takes a few days to adjust to a new place when she sleeps in a pack-n play, but not this trip!
Wednesday morning was perfect.  Mom opened the windows in the morning to let the cool 60 degree air inside.  I really forgot how amazing it is to have cool air in the mornings and at night.  Brooke was eager to explore the backyard (in her pajamas, no less), and Nay Nay let her pick some of the prettiest hydrangeas growing along the side yard.
Brooke found some "Care Bears" to love on :)

Once we were finally ready for the day, we headed to Homegoods to browse. After we bought some fun new toys, we headed to Costco to pick up the invitations I was helping Mom do for a bridal shower.  We made it home in time for Brooke's nap, and then I met up with my college roommate Brie for a rather spur-of-the-moment frozen yogurt date.  We had talked about getting together at some point during the trip, but no definite plans had been made.  After a few texts, we both jumped in the car and met-up for a fun afternoon of chatting and enjoying our frozen yogurt.  Three hours later, I headed back to the house to find Brooke enjoying a yummy spaghetti dinner with her grandparents.

It was so fun to see Brie since she was a big part of my college life!  And I was thankful that my Mom could watch Brooke so that we could have such great conversation.   I really love this girl :)



1 comment:

  1. i miss cool air in the mornings and evenings! wahhhhhhhhhh. i love these posts, katie! such a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete