Saturday, July 25, 2015

Billy Beez (CA Trip-Friday)

Billy Beez recently opened up at Oakridge Mall in San Jose, and it was a total blast.  It is an indoor park with tons of slides, a whole play village (grocery store, pizza restaurant, bank, doctor's office, restaurant, school), plasma cars, a sport court, and lots of fun play areas for toddlers.  Brooke was super interested in the slides, but all the tube slides looked pretty long and potentially scary.  We opted for an exposed slide that seemed like our best bet.  I climbed to the top with Brooke, while Mom waited at the bottom.  Once we were at the top, I really questioned my judgment because it was really steep. (Later we saw a sign that said "The Big Drop"  Oops!)  Brooke didn't seem worried, which actually really surprised me.  So, I sent her down, and Mom said the look on her face was sheer terror the whole way down!  She started laughing when she got to the bottom, so it must not have been too terrible, but I really wish I could have seen her face.  We went down a few other slides, and I have some pretty hilarious videos of Mom flying out the end of the slides. We eventually found this rainbow slide, which was fun, but not too fast.
Brooke really loved the play village, especially that little shopping cart :)
We stayed about two and a half hours, then headed out.  Brooke was a great listener and didn't give me any grief about leaving, even though she was having fun.  When we started back through the mall though, she lost it.  She didn't want to ride in her stroller, but wanted to "push it by self".  I was fine with that, except that she didn't really want to push it.  She just stood there.  If I started pushing it, she started crying, and kept saying "I do by self".  I would say, "That's fine Brooke, let's go", but she wouldn't budge.  This went on for a few minutes, but when I realized that she was just too tired to be rational, we walked the rest of the way in tears.  Sometimes she just doesn't know what she wants!

After a good long nap, we went out for ice cream.  But not just any ice cream, Thrifty's chocolate malted crunch.  My favorite :)  Right as we were walking out of Rite Aid (where they sell the ice cream now), Brooke took her first lick and the entire scoop fell off the top!  Luckily, the lady just scooped her another scoop and we were all happy.

The evening meant more time in the backyard, but this time watering Nay Nay's tomatoes and digging in the dirt.  She was soaking wet,  but having the time of her life, so I didn't mind one bit. 
Maybe we need to plant a little garden in Texas??

1 comment:

  1. i think a garden would be perfect! then you could have some fresh tomatoes and brandt and brooke could eat them to their hearts' content.

    ReplyDelete