Saturday, June 20, 2015

pregnancy update

I really wanted to do better at bare belly shots this pregnancy, but so far, I am a big failure.  At least I took one at 15 weeks, haha.  
15 weeks
16 weeks
17.5 week appointment with new doctor
I LOVED the new doctor, but I was not happy about having to be at the office for 2 hours.  We were in the waiting room for an hour before they called us back, and Brooke kept trying to poop, which was really sad.  They put me in a room, and asked some personal history questions (that I already filled out on the paperwork), then switched me to the sonogram room to wait for the doctor.  I waited in there for 30 minutes before finally meeting Dr. Northrop.  Right before she walked in, Brooke finally was able to poop, so I was mid-diaper change when we met.  She was SO sweet though, and threw the diaper out for me and made the whole transition really seamless.  She let Brooke lay next to me on the table while we listened to the "heart beeps", and saw the baby on the screen.  Her bedside manner was 100 x's better than my last doctor, and I feel confident in the switch.  As long as every visit doesn't take 2 hours!
18 weeks
 19 weeks

And I just hit the 20 week mark on Sunday.  I was supposed to have the anatomy sonogram yesterday, but last week, the office called to let me know that the sonographer wasn't going to be working this work, and that I would have to reschedule my appointment.  That was strike two against the new office, but since I had no choice, we rescheduled for Wednesday the 24th at 10:30 am.  I think I was so frustrated about the change, that I didn't even realize that the new appointment fell on our anniversary.  But, I guess that's a good thing to do on your anniversary, right??  Only a few more days of waiting and then we will know if Brookie is going to get a little brother, or a little sister :)

2 comments: