Wednesday, June 17, 2015

celebrating moms

I love this little girl.  Because of her, I have the title of "Mother".  She really makes me so happy and although some days can be challenging, I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade my role as "Stay at Home Mom" for anything.  Brooke's speech has exploded, and I am constantly amazed at the phrases she will say.  One of her favorite songs is "I Love To See The Temple", from the children's songbook.  She will say "families are forever", but then it transitioned to her talking about "hold mommy forever", or "mommy daddy brooke forever".  These are the precious moments I never want to forget.  Especially when she hugs Kevin and I around the neck and says those cute little words. 

I know that motherhood is a divine calling, and I am trying my best to fulfill that role.  There are MANY areas that I fall short, but I thankfully have amazing role models in my life that give me something to aspire to.  These include my own mother, my mother-in-law, my grandma, aunts, and friends.

Mother's Day was also Jerry and Bev's 40th wedding anniversary, and they requested that we come to church with them.  Jerry was speaking, which I knew was either going to be so fun for Brooke to see Papa on the stage, or a total disaster.  Let's just say that the first 15 minutes of sacrament meeting were spent saying "More Papa", "See Papa", and trying to go up on the stand. Not our most reverent sacrament meeting ever.  Things were better once her cousins came in and sat by us :)
 
Since they love family pictures, and there is not space in the house for any more family pictures, we opted to create a family wall of memories in the boat garage.  We ordered 8 of these canvases, and they seemed to like them.
Kinley brought her bike to Grandma and Papa's so Brooke could try it out. Brooke was a HUGE fan.  Kinely was so sweet to let her ride the bike, but Brooke really wanted Kinley to take a ride too.  Kinley finally relented, but Brooke didn't want to take turns with the helmet, haha.  Toddler drama :)
We enjoyed a lovely meal together, and the girls had lots of fun playing and laughing.  Oh, and Kevin finally wrote Brooke's birth story.  I have been nagging him about it since she was born (almost 2 years ago), and he finally typed it up and gave it to me for Mother's Day.  I totally cried as I read that sweet story, as told by Brooke's daddy.  He also let me order a new backpack/organization system for when I become a mommy of two :)  It should be arriving any day and I am super excited to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment