Thursday, June 18, 2015

"brookie trailor"

Kevin has been interested in getting a bike trailer for a few months now.  We really wanted to rent one on our decent trip to Denver, but it didn't work out.  We had been perusing Craigslist for a great deal, but were not having a ton of success.  One weekend, we decided to just go for it, and buy one from Walmart.  Kevin put it together with Brooke when I was at the temple (one of my old YW was receiving her endowments before leaving on a mission), and boy, was she excited. Kevin texted me some pictures of her sitting in the trailer while he was hooking it up to his bike.  They were also waiting on me to bring home a new bike pump for Kevin's tires.  Once the tires were pumped and ready to go, we went outside to go for a quick spin.  It was getting dark, and then it started raining.  But it didn't keep us from having a great (quick) little ride.

For days, all Brooke could talk about was her trailer.  We went on another family bike ride on Sunday afternoon, which was perfect.  We checked out some of the newer homes in our development (we are scoping out a house for my parents in hopes that they will move here soon!), and enjoyed the fresh air.  And of course the duck pond :)
On the ride home, Brooke stretched out her legs and they were sticking out of her trailer!  As long as they don't touch the tire, we should be okay :)  I love going on bike rides, and I look forward to exploring the parks around here and finding new places to ride.  I guess it may get a little trickier once my pregnant belly gets bigger...but for now, it seems like a fun family activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment