Thursday, June 18, 2015

may iphone gems

I love the convenience of taking pictures on my phone!  
It helps me remember what we did every day when I am trying to update Brooke's line-a-day journal. May was a super rainy month, but we made sure to get out every chance we could.
I love me some Sunday pictures, especially when Brooke is in her cute twirl dress.
My little photographer :)  Whenever she sees me with my camera, she will say "Brookie hold camera", or "Brookie take a picture".  I am actually surprised that she knows to hold it up to your eye because for the most part, I use the screen display and rarely look through the eye piece.
Having a bedtime snack with Daddy.  She loves her little tea set, and she knows that Daddy will always ask for a bite of dessert.
She is in a phase where she loves flowers, and after picking flowers during the bluebonnet photo shoot, she has become quite keen on wanting to pick flowers.  Trouble is, she wants to pick the ones growing in front of our house, haha.  So, if our plants are missing half of their blooms, you will know who the culprit is :)
Something about this picture makes me wish I could make time stand still.  I love the twinkle in her eyes, but does she have to look so grown up!  Goodness.
Brooke's version of planking!  She discovered that she could hold her body up like that, and has been doing it ever since.
Like I said, it rained A LOT in May, so we spent plenty of time in the garage watching the rain fall, and listening to the "Boom Boom Lightning".  I have tried to tell her that the booms are from the thunder, and the flashes of light are the lightning...but alas, she always goes with "Boom Boom Lightning".  When she would hear the storm outside, she would stop what she was doing and say, "Mama, Listen".  I absolutely love storms (as long as I am not out driving), so I am glad that she can appreciate them too.
This girl cracks me up. I was trying to take a picture of Brooke playing with this quilt her great-grandma made her, and this was the pose she gave me :)
I pulled out the fishing game from her closet (from my Speech days), and she quickly fell in love.  The fishing poles didn't work well (after being man-handled by far too many students), so we opted for our fingers instead.  Much more fun if you ask me.
We have frequent play dates at Chick-fil-a, and this particular day we met up with Danielle, Brandt, Tracy, Cooper, Britton, and baby Nora.  Cooper and Britt were so sweet with Brooke and made sure to look after her on the playground.  Miss Tracy was kind enough to buy Brooke an ice cream cone, which she thoroughly enjoyed.  It was so fun to catch up with these great friends.
Broke continues to love prunes, which used to really help with her constipation issues.  Lately, not much seems to help, and I cannot continue to see Brooke struggle when she has to go. She has her two year check-up this week and I will most definitely be discussing this with her pediatrician.
One Saturday, Kevin was mowing the lawn, I was cutting shrubs and trimming trees, and Brooke was "helping" with the dirt and mulch.  We uncovered a giant colony of rollie-pollies around the base of one of our trees.  Brooke loved to watch them, and finally mustered up enough courage to hold one.  For about 5 seconds, and then she was done, haha.
The pool opened mid-May, and we were excited to see how Brooke liked the pool now that she was a little bigger.  She basically wanted to run back and forth between the toddler pool (a foot and a half deep), and the splash area with 6 inches of water.  Oh, and then she wanted to lounge on the chairs and play peek-a-boo.  It was fun to have Daddy there with us, and Brooke wanted to wear his goggles.

With all of the rain, the water levels were insanely high.  We went to feed her beloved ducks, and the moss was out of control.  That didn't stop this ducky-loving girl from throwing bread till we had depleted our resources.
I can't remember the occasion for milkshakes, but hey, I guess you don't always need an occasion.  Brooke calls them "froobies" (aka smoothies), and I think this picture perfectly captured her happiness :)
After watching another little girl play soccer with her dad, we NEEDED to go get Brooke's soccer ball from the garage.  She was wearing all those rings (cupcake toppers for her upcoming party), and her sunglasses the whole time we played.  I kind of love that she likes girly stuff, but also loves to play outside for hours.
And she is forward facing!  Kevin has been ready to turn her car seat around for a few months now because he was having a hard time getting her in her seat.  I wasn't having any issues, and wanted to wait as long as possible for safety reasons.  I kept telling her that pretty soon, she would get to face forward and watch Mommy drive the car.  The afternoon of the big switch, Brooke was busy playing in the garage. When I showed her the car seat, she climbed in by herself, and said "Mommy drive car", so we went for a spin around the block.  She thought it was the greatest thing ever, as you can see by her expression.
We are going to have a summer full of pool days, and we are excited.  It is super convenient living across the street from the community pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment