Saturday, June 20, 2015

she's two

We officially have a two year old.  I am not sure how those two years passed by so quickly, but they are gone.  Thankfully, I have taken a ton of pictures to try and remember all the moments throughout those years.  It really is so amazing how much they change and how quickly they grow.  Her two year old stats: 36.5 inches (98th percentile), and 28.6 pounds (70th percentile).  Based on the baby center height predictor (haha), she will be 5'11'' by the time she is 18.  I get comments ALL THE TIME about how tall Brooke is, especially compared to other kids her age. 

I was excited to see her the morning of her official birthday. She was not, however, in a mood for pictures.  This is hopefully a phase, because she doesn't want to look at the camera very often.  I also don't want to have a bunch of pictures with forced smiles...so I am just going with it.   
I met Joanna and her kids over at Hawaiian Falls for a day of fun.  After playing for a few hours, we headed home.  (see what I mean about not wanting to look at the camera?)

We made a quick stop at Chick-fil-A for a chocolate "froobie", which really made my girl happy.

After a long birthday nap (3 hours!), she was ready to play.  It was just the two of us until Daddy came home from work and we could have some dinner.  

After dinner, we face timed with Naynay and Papa so they could watch when we showed her the wagon they sent for her.  (Which took forever to build, haha.  I was grateful she took such a long nap!) She LOVED it, and wanted to open her next present INSIDE the wagon, haha.  The wooden mixer set was from Kevin and I, and as soon as she saw a tiny bit of the picture, she yelled "make cookies", haha.  
Then we went on a long walk around the block.  Half the time she wanted to be in the wagon, the other half she wanted to be pulling the wagon.
Overall, I would say her birthday was a success.  We feel so grateful for the time we have had together and for all that we have learned thus far.  I know that we have a lot more to learn, so hopefully we can rise to the challenge.  The next hurdle will probably be potty-training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment