Friday, June 19, 2015

pooh bear party

Since Brooke has become quite the fan of Winnie the Pooh, we decided that a pooh bear party was in order :)  Although I am not a fan of character things, I caved because I knew how much she would love it.  I ordered her invitations on etsy, which was super convenient. Most of the character items were ordered from Amazon because stores only seem to carry things like Minnie, Frozen, Hello Kitty, and superheros.
She LOVED her balloons, and wanted to give Pooh Bear lots of hugs and kisses. Cute girl ;)
We had water in the cooler, and some ice cold lemonade.
Food included pinwheel sandwiches, fruit kabobs, chips, a vegetable platter, watermelon, and honey teddy grahams. Brooke mostly ate the fruit and the chips :)
The party bags, which had little winnie the pooh trinkets, and a few candies.

Cute little friends :)
The cupcakes...
Getting ready to sing to the birthday girl!  She was pretty intrigued with the candles.
During the singing, she was acting a bit shy and wanted to hold my hand (which I secretly loved).  After we passed out cupcakes and the attention was not on her anymore, she asked for the candles again.  She pushed them all the way into her cupcake, looked at Kevin and I, and said "sing happy birthday please", hahaha.  So adorable!  We sang to her, then she made the same request again.  I think we sang to her three times.
I didn't get too many pictures with the friends, but while Kevin was snapping a few pictures, he did get this one :)  Rachel (left) came with her boys, and Joanna (right) was there with her whole family.  Doug and Tracy Myers came with their kiddos, as well as Andreia and her kids.  We were missing the Sturgill family due to sickness :(
The Peacocks were there as well, and of course, Grandma and Papa Meador.
Brooke loved pushing Marlie Jo around in her pool float.  Marlie is seriously the happiest baby I have ever seen.
The three hours seemed to fly by, but it seemed like everyone had a great time.  Brooke loved to have all her friends there, and kept talking about her "pooh bear party".  After everyone (but family) left, we cleaned up our area, but decided to stay and swim a little longer. Kevin felt like he didn't really have much time with Brooke during the party, so they spent some time swimming together.
We are trying to get her comfortable in the water.  I don't know the first thing about teaching a child how to swim, but I figure floating, kicking her legs, blowing bubbles, etc. should help, haha.  
While in the splash area, Brooke started crying out of nowhere, and I could tell that she was trying to poop.  After 10 minutes in the pool of crying and pushing, I took her home in case she was going to need a suppository. It was a rough 15-20 minutes, I finally gave her the suppository, and she pooped a tiny bit and seemed a little better.  By that time, everyone had come home from the pool, which was kind of a relief so we could move on to presents.  Kevin and I were both super excited to give Brooke her new bike!!  (Post to follow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment