Friday, June 19, 2015

hawaiian falls

Last summer, when Andre and Daleth were here visiting with the twins, we made a visit to Hawaiian Falls.  It is a fun water park located about 7 minutes from our house.  Brooke seemed to enjoy it, as much as any 14 month old could enjoy a water park :)  I had considered buying a season pass this year, now that Brooke is older, and when our HOA posted on Facebook that Hawaiian Falls was offering residents an amazing deal, I quickly made my decision.

Kevin and I are officially season pass holders, and Brooke is still free.  Woot-woot!  We went for the first time the day after we came back from our lake house vacation.  Brooke absolutely loved it.  They have a really great area for babies and toddlers to play in shallow water, with little slides and water features.  They also have another large area with small tube slides and the red slide pictured below.  They have a rule against "lap riders", which I don't understand, and I am not about to send Brooke down a tube slide by herself.  She would be terrified!  But she loved the red slide, and did it OVER and OVER again.  Maybe by the end of the summer she will be brave enough to ride one of the tubes by herself.  
We enjoyed time in the lazy river, and also checked out the splash pad.  Having a season pass is nice though because I don't feel like I have to stay all day to "get my money's worth".  This particular evening, we only stayed for maybe an hour and a half, and it was perfect.  They close pretty early on weekdays (6 pm I think), but are normally open later on Friday.  So, Kevin and I decided that we will make it our Friday Family date night every week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment