Tuesday, June 21, 2022

california-day 8

Our last full day was spent at the pool, the movie theatre watching Lightyear, and at home playing games!!  I'm so glad that Dad joined us at the pool each day because its great exercise for him and we enjoyed his company. 
I didn't love the movie because Disney is really trying to be "inclusive" and depicted Buzz's partner as a lesbian who has a child with her wife.  The kids didn't seem to pick up on that detail, but I don't love that they are steering away from the traditional family and making gender seem as though it is a totally fluid concept. 
That evening, they played with bubbles while I did some last minute packing.  I loved coming outside to see them playing in the street where I grew up.  Made me so grateful for a beautiful childhood.  I mentioned this in a previous post, but all I could think about was countless hours spent riding bikes, playing street hockey, having water balloon fights, playing sardines, and having races down the street.  El Dorado was definitely a great neighborhood to grow up in :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment