Saturday, June 18, 2022

california-day 5

These pictures just make me sad, but the reality of the next few days was that my girl was sick!  I was also sick, but didn't have a fever like Brooke.  I had been dealing with a sore throat, but when I woke up and it felt like knives in my throat, I decided to make an appointment at the Minute Clinic.  One of the questions they ask is if you've been around anyone with Covid in the last week. We had already tested Brooke and she was negative, but I figured we should test her one more time in case the viral load was stronger now.  I decided to test myself as well, just to be sure.  Brooke's test was again negative, but mine was instantly positive.  What the heck?? I was so surprised since my only symptom was a sore throat.  I felt so guilty for bringing Covid to their house, and I immediately was in tears. I wondered if I should stay at their house, but my parents both told me not to worry about it because I had already been at their house for 5 days and most likely had already exposed them.  I wore a mask for the next few days to reduce the chance of spreading it, but I had a lot of guilt. 
Brooke continued to rest, and mom ran to the store to get me some throat sprays. 
That afternoon, Brooke was able to join us for a few games and we loved having her there with us! 
My dad, who is NOT a big fan of games, even joined us that night for Cover Your Kingdom.  
And no game night is complete without Chocolate Malted Crunch for dessert. Needless to say, I was a happy girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment