Sunday, June 19, 2022

california-day 6

Early morning Nay Nay snuggles :) I mostly kept Brooke away from my parents so that she didn't get them sick, but these two were needing a little cuddle. 
I had a rough night with Brooke because she kept waking up and saying strange things.  Since she was in my bed, I was privy to all the things she said throughout the night.  I honestly think she was hallucinating.  I read about how kids can hallucinate when they have a fever, and I think that's exactly what was happening.  It definitely freaked me out, especially when she started talking about the balloons on the ceiling and stood on the bed to get them.  I was pretty concerned, so I woke my parents up to ask for their help. Mom suggested that Dad give her a blessing, and it was a really tender experience.  We woke Dad from a deep sleep, so the fact that he was able to get up and stand there to give Brooke a blessing was a tender mercy.  He blessed her to be safe and comfortable as her body fought the infection.  He also gave me a blessing, and the next morning, I woke up practically symptom free. This was significant because I had been dealing with the worst sore throat of my life.

When Brooke woke up that morning, she said something else strange, and I had the thought to check her heart rate.  I put my hand on her chest and her heart rate seemed extremely fast.  I panicked and took her in to my mom's room so she could watch her while I got ready to take her to the ER.  My mom calmed me down and tried to take her pulse.  I looked up the normal range for a child her age, and although it was within those limits, it was definitely on the uppermost end of the range.  We decided to just have her sit for a few minutes and see if it went down, which it did.  I was just on edge after a weird night of her hallucinating. But after an hour or so, she seemed okay and I felt at ease. 

Since it was Father's Day, we planned to make breafasst for Papa. I honestly can't remember the last time we were with my dad for this holiday, so it felt extra special.   The kids were excited to take him "breakfast in chair" and give him their cards.  We are so thankful for a wonderful dad and papa!
We missed Kevin on this special day honoring dads, but we made sure to call and wish him a very happy day!  The kids even left cards on his pillow before we headed out of town.  He really is the best daddy and I am constantly in awe of the way he values and cultivates his relationships with Brooke and Colby.  

When Colby needed fresh air that afternoon, we headed back down to the park for some basketball. 
Colby even took a picture of Nay Nay and I in our matching sandals :) We didn't go to church, but I think we watched the zoom from home, hence the church clothes. 
Brooke joined us for a few more games that afternoon/evening, so I could tell that she was starting to feel better. We played Quirkle, Cover Your Assetts, Azul, Sagrada, Sleeping Queens, Bears and Bees, Mille Bornes, Cover Your Kingdom, and my personal favorite, Skull King. 
I didn't take nearly as many pictures this trip since we spent a lot of time at home, but I did capture this moment of Colby and his clever use of his tooth gap, haha. 
We were all hoping and praying that Brooke would be fully recovered by the next morning so we could go on our much-anticipated daytrip to the beach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment