Wednesday, June 15, 2022

california-day 2

Colby started off the day challenging Papa to a game of Battle Ship, and I got a kick out of hearing Papa's sound effects when Colby sunk his ships. 
I can't remember who won, but I'm sure Colby does, haha. 
Then we headed to the park to get some fresh air.  There's something so nostalgic about walking the streets where I grew up. My mind was filled with so many memories of riding bikes with friends, playing street hockey, walking down to the mailbox in high heels with my friends, night games, etc. 
We also played a lot of basketball down here as a family.  It frequently ended in a fight about who fouled who, but it still made for good family time. 
Papa was frustrated with himself that he couldn't make his shots, but I was just glad that he was up and trying. 
Nay Nay was right in on the basketball action as well...
Then we headed to the pool to cool down. The water was absolutely freezing, but its definitely fun to swim around with my kids in the pool of my childhood. 
Colby entertained himself with Uncle Jeffrey's old marble run while Nay Nay played Barbies with Brooke. 
I wanted this trip to be low-key and filled with good one-one-one time, and so far, it was living up to my simple expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment