Thursday, June 16, 2022

california-day 3

I have no idea why Colby woke up so incredibly early (6:30 AM), but I guess he was still on Texas time :) He enjoyed some Nay Nay snuggles before her and I went on a morning walk. 
The cool morning air felt amazingly good, and all the flowers were stunning. It was also really nice to have time to just chat with my mom.  I am so grateful for our friendship and for the closeness we have always shared.  She is the first one I want to call when something good happens, when I need advice, or when I need her prayers. Having this time at home with her and my dad has been just what I needed.  
Brooke wanted to join us the next day, but I wasn't sure how she would handle that big hill, haha. 

Mid-morning, we decided to go for a swim. Again, the water was freezing, but my mom kept assuring me that "It feels so good once you get moving."  I had a hard time getting moving in that frigid water, but I eventually did :)
When we got home from the pool, Brooke took a bath and started saying that she didn't feel well.  It was totally out of nowhere, but after her bath, she took a nap and woke up with a fever. She had no appetite and wanted to sleep a lot, so we were all hoping and praying that she would wake up feeling better the next day!

The rest of us played games and hung out together, so it was still a good day, but I felt bad that Brooke was missing out on the togetherness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment