Wednesday, January 8, 2020

the tooth fairy returns

The night before Brooke lost tooth #5, she had commented that it was feeling loose.  I don't even remember wiggling it because it was the first she even called attention to it.  On the way to school the next day, she expressed concern that she would lose her tooth at school.  I assured her that it probably wouldn't come out at school, but that she could have Daddy look at it at night if she wanted.

Fast forward to school pick-up, and Brooke rushed out to me with the BIGGEST smile on her cute little face.  She was practically shouting that her tooth came out when she wasn't even doing anything!  They had just walked into the classroom where they wait for their name to be called, and it just came out.  She said she sat down, remembered that she had a pack of tissues in her backpack, and wrapped it up carefully.  I was surprised that she handled it so well, especially since she was concerned about it!  I asked her why she didn't just tell one of the teachers, and she said, "It's fine, Mom. I just took care of it myself."  I love/hate that she is growing up so quickly. But I absolutely love that big toothy smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment