Saturday, January 4, 2020

first boat ride of the year

When you have a boat-loving husband, a free Saturday, sunshine, and you still haven't pulled the boat out of the marina, you bundle up and go for a ride!  I think it was about 55 degrees that day, but with the sun, we had such a beautiful afternoon together. Well, after we got through a little nonsense from the kids.  They were bickering SO much when we first got to the marina, but we had a good heart-to-heart before leaving the dock.  Kevin told Brooke that she needed to either stay at the dock or leave her grumpiness at the dock, and thankfully she chose the latter. 

And then everything was fine!!
Love his wind-blown hair!
And her high-pony and sweet profile...
Brooke had begged Kevin to bring some games on the boat.  When I saw what she was packing, I told her that those weren't games. She quickly explained that she was going to turn them all into games.  So, here was the fancy dress-up competition...
Brooke pronounced the girl team the official winners :)

We then played Kingdomino, which is always fun.  Colby has kind of a crazy strategy, but he ended up doing really well this round. Oh, and you can't forget licorice when you go to the lake. My kids consumed WAY too many pieces, but sometimes I throw caution to the wind.
I love that boating is kind of our family's "thing", and I hope that the kids always have positive memories associated with it.  Brooke is in a phase where she complains about going, but then always has a blast and doesn't want to leave.  We've talked to her about having a positive attitude from the get-go, and she's a pretty positive person, so I'm not sure why she gives us a hard time sometimes.
I was loving the Vitamin D :)  I was stretched out enjoying the sun when Kevin decided to join me.  We weren't intending to match, but I kind of love that we were!
I'm sure we'll be pulling the boat out any day now, so I'm glad that we enjoyed a random Saturday afternoon together!

No comments:

Post a Comment