Sunday, October 27, 2019

julia's blessing

Mid-October, Kevin's cousin Katelin messaged me and invited us to Oklahoma for her daughter Julia's baby blessing.  We haven't been able to drive up to the last few things they've invited us to, so we were excited that it worked out this time.  Katelin's parents (Roy and Celine) were also flying in, as well as her brothers (Cameron, Quinn, and Evan).  I really enjoy spending time with their family, especially Celine, so I was looking forward to the weekend.

We made our hotel reservations, and as soon as I was home from a baby shower I was attending Saturday morning, we packed the last few things in the car and made the 3.5 hour drive to their house in Edmond, Oklahoma. (It took us longer than we thought to get on the road because we had to bring the IVF injection supplies with us since we were starting injections that night.  We had already watched all the injection videos, but when it came down to it, we were both unsure whether or not we understood all the needles and supplies we would need for each injection.)

We checked into our hotel, which the kids thought was AMAZING, haha.  It was new and really clean, but not as fancy as the kids thought it actually was :)  We met up with everyone at Earl's Rib Palace, which was actually really delicious.  I held Julia for the first time and she was precious!  Brooke was in heaven and kept asking to hold her.  

Then, we were off to Main Event to go bowling together. Colby has been dying to go bowling, and even added a reminder on my phone a a few weeks ago that said, "Remind me to go bowling with my Dad."  Needless to say, the kids loved it, as did I.  
I was especially proud that they practiced bowling the "big kid" way rather than relying on the dinosaur ramp every time.  
Poor Kinley was home sick with Jeff, but Brooke loved all her time with Aubrey. 
The boys: Kevin, Evan (fresh off his mission), Quinn, and Cameron. 
Quinn and Cameron are so good with my kids and because of the way they interact with them, my kids think they are literally the best.  They came last year for Thanksgiving, and Brooke and Colby still talk about how fun they were.

It ended up being a late night out, so when we returned home, we let the kids crawl into bed and watch a show since we needed to do my injections right at 10 PM and we knew that we didn't have time to get the kids asleep by then.  They were easily distracted with the show, which gave Kevin and I the time we needed to figure out the injections. More about that to come!

Sunday was the blessing, and Katelin's husband Ryan did a beautiful job.  Right before he started, I grabbed a pen and paper to jot down the words of the blessing.  I should have given my kids a heads up because Colby kept asking me why I was writing stuff, but I didn't have time to explain it because I didn't want to miss anything.  When I gave it to Katelin later, she was totally surprised and grateful.  Since our kids were blessed at home, I was able to audio record everything on my Ipad, but I know how important it was for me to have the blessing recorded :)

After the blessing, they were hosting a luncheon at the Air B&B her parents were staying at.  I helped with the final preparations while the kids had a blast outside. We literally couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!
Hammock time with Daddy :)  He always puts his arms like that and says, "This is the life!"
We really enjoyed time with extended family, and especially meeting little Julia.  She was a sweetheart and Brooke was officially smitten.
Even Colby couldn't resist and came over saying, "Julia" over and over while she made the cutest faces at hime. Luckily, Celine caught a picture of the whole adorable encounter.
Thanks for inviting us, Katelin!!  Hopefully we can see you all again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment