Monday, October 14, 2019

flower mound pumpkin patch

These kids are getting so tall!  I love their cousin bond and the way they so seamlessly play together. We have been going to this pumpkin patch as a family since Brooke was 4 months old and it is definitely a favorite fall tradition.  We always take pictures near the entrance, so we knocked that out first thing so we didn't have to do it after bounce houses and ALL the activities :)
I adore this picture with my littles!  They really bring me so much happiness and I love seeing their excitement for these traditions we've created.
After our mandatory pictures (haha), we followed the kids' lead and wandered around all the wooden cut-outs of characters from their favorite shows and movies. Colby was most excited about these lego guys.
The girls were most excited about the Cinderella coach, but of course Colby climbed in as well :)
Then we had to take turns on this old tractor...
The Flower Mound pumpkin patch has the greatest picture spots and I love looking back at moments from all our previous visits.
They didn't have the small hay maze this year, so the kids all entered the huge maze and we wished them luck, haha.  I climbed up on the lookout platform and got a kick out of watching them try to figure out the maze.  The cousins were trying to stick together, but somehow got separated along the way. Thankfully, Brooke and Colby stayed together and eventually made it out!
Kinley and Aubrey made it out shortly after :)
We visited the pumpkin house and took turns riding this wooden seahorse.  It's so random, but the kids love it!
When the kids saw the tractor-pulled little train, they were eager to go for a ride.  There were lots of people at the pumpkin patch by this time (most schools had the day off), so we had to wait in a long line.  But the kids had each other and tootsie pops, so the waiting wasn't all that bad :)
I tried to get a few pictures before they took off, and I ended up getting stuck to the fence behind me, haha.  It was one of those plastic netting things, and somehow the zipper on my backpack got stuck.  Some random guy passing by tried to help me, but it was pretty embarrassing. I should have thought to just take my backpack off and figure it out, but I was just crouched there like an idiot trying to free myself from the fence, haha. 
The kids played on the playgrounds for a while, tried out the inflatable slide, and jumped in the bounce houses.
We wandered the actual pumpkin patch where Colby tried to lift the biggest and heaviest pumpkins...
Last, but not least, was the hay ride.  The cousins all piled into a corner, and I enjoyed watching them smile and laugh together.
They all looked a bit disheveled with hay in their hair from climbing the hay stacks, but this is what kid life is all about, right? 
When the ride turned a bit bumpy, Colby was standing by my side. I adore this boy and love that he felt comfort being close to his Mama :)
As we headed out, Grandma let the kids each pick two baby pumpkins, which took WAY longer than it should have, haha.  They had to search the two huge bins of pumpkins to find the perfect ones :)
We were all starving by the time we left, so we headed to Culver's for some lunch.  The kids weren't done playing together, so we all went to Grandma's house where the kids went straight to the craft room.  They spend SO much time in there coloring and drawing together.
So many memories, so much fun!!  My kids don't even know how lucky they are to have cousins close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment